Meeting Notices


Rates & Fees

Community Center





Lancaster Sign





The Lancaster City Council met for its Regular Meeting on Wednesday, April 13, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Meeting Room.  The following members were present: Olson, Hilman, Barron and Nordin.  Sebenaler was absent.

Gordon Dale, City Auditor, attended the meeting to present the 2015 city audit.  Dale presented information regarding the city financials and operating procedures and that in general the city is in good financial condition.   Dale reported that the sewer fund’s expenses have exceeded the income for a number of years and that the council should consider increasing rates.   The council reported that they have increased the sewer rates for the last few years but due to an aging sewer system the repairs have been numerous and that there is a major project on Central Avenue to complete in the next year.  Barron moved to accept the audit as presented, seconded by Hilman and carried.

Barron moved to approve the council minutes of the March 9, 2016 regular meeting, seconded by Nordin and carried.   A copy of the Minutes will be posted at the Lancaster City Hall and U.S. Post Office and available upon request to the clerk.

The council reviewed the April 2016 bills presented this night; any other bills that have been paid prior to this meeting to avoid late payments, receive discounts & meet payroll and all payroll expenses as approved in the 2016 Rates Fees & Appointments Schedule.   Hilman moved to approve the bills, second by Nordin and carried.  An abstract of bills will be posted with the minutes and are available upon request to the clerk.

Zondagh met with the council to discuss that the water meter replacement project is going well.  He also discussed the Kittson County street overlay project and the Kittson County Engineering Dept. information regarding drainage issues.  Olson will contact CP Rail and discuss the issues presented by the Engineering reports and see if CP Rail will clean the ditch in their right-of-way.

The council also discussed 5th Street pavement issues and if overlaying is an option.  Olson will find out what paving companies will be in the area this summer to save costs and get input regarding the issue.

Council discussed selling property along Highway 59 north of PodCo LLC so that PodCo may expand to the north.  Council discussed selling the south 200 feet of the city property rather than a lesser amount so that PodCo may have as much expansion space as possible.    Per Zondagh the 200 foot sale would still allow the City to have enough space around the new lift station to maintain the lift station in the future.  Barron moved to offer the south 200 feet of the City property to PodCo for $2,000.00 with the city to pay for deed drafting and deed tax, buyers would be responsible for recording fees and any abstract that they may need, second by Hilman.   Barron, Hilman and Olson in favor with Nordin abstaining.

Clerk presented the Kittson County Solid Waste Plan to the council for their review and informed them that there is a comment period available at this time.

Council reviewed the March 2016 City and Liquor Store financial information and daily sales averages for the liquor store.

Barron reports that Liquor Store Manager, Rice, requests approval to open the Liquor Store at 9:00AM on June 18th for a Leah’s Tourney 4 Wheeler Run.  Barron moved to allow the bar to open at 9:00AM on June 18th, second by Hilman and carried.

Council discussed sponsoring the Wojo’s Rodeo for the June Heritage Days weekend at the cost of $2,000.00.   Barron moved to allow the city to pay the $2000.00 sponsership for prizes from the city general fund for economic development puposes, second by Nordin and carried.

Council discussed that terminated firemen’s vehicle fire plates need to be terminated.  Hilman moved to direct the Fire Chief to go through the process with MN Motor Vehicle Department to cancel vehicle fire plates for terminated firemen, second by Nordin and carried.

Council discussed the need to remind landowners to not plant trees, erect fences etc. in city alleys and streets even though they may not be used at this time.  These alleys and streets are needed for city sewer & water lines maintenance and expansion.  Olson will discuss the issue with landowners.

Being no further business the council adjourned.

Carol Johnson, Clerk/Treasurer                         Approved:  Mike Olson, Mayor








Other links: Lancaster Riverside Golf Course | Lancaster Public School


Home | Contacts | Meeting Notices | Minutes | Rates & Fees | Community Center | Events | Pictures

Copyright © C Johnson-City of Lancaster all rights reserved



This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free HTML Editor